Are you looking for a super quick and easy recipe that your whole family will love? This recipe for Beef & Broccoli is especially great if you are trying to stretch your grocery budget. I purchased my steak in this recipe for under $5.00! You can easily add different vegetables etc. to prepare it perfectly for your family.
Beef & Broccoli
- 1 Pound Steak (adjust amount to your family) I used Beef Bottom Round Steak
- 1 Tablespoon + 1/4 Cup Water
- 2 Tablespoons Low Sodium Soy Sauce I used Tamari
- 1.5 teaspoons Cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 Cup(or more) Low Sodium Teriyaki Sauce I like Veri Veri ( you can use Hoisin Sauce or your favorite Teriyaki
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 6-8 Cups Broccoli Florets
- 1 Cup Dry Rice Cook until done
- Slice Steak super thin. It works great if you can slice while halfway frozen.
- Measure 1 T. water, soy sauce, cornstarch and baking soda until combined.
- Add sliced steak and marinate 15 minutes.
- Heat skillet on medium high and add oil.
- Add Beef and quickly stir fry. It will cook quickly. Remove to another plate.
- Add 1/4 cup water and 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce. I love using Veri Veri Teriyaki because it has sesame seeds in it!
- Add broccoli and stir fry until done. If your family likes other veggies you can use them. Pea pods and green onions would be great etc.
- Add beef and juices stirring until hot. If you like more sauce add some if you would like.
- Serve with hot cooked rice.