The next time you have an abundance of overripe bananas sitting in your fruit bowl, make this healthy banana bread! The secret ingredient that makes this banana bread different from most is the bran. The bran makes it tasty plus it adds fiber to our diet which we sometimes do not get enough of. This banana bread is perfect to slice and serve for breakfast. To improve the flavor and moistness of this bread I suggest wrapping it tightly after it is cooled and eating it the next day. It is perfect with butter, cream cheese or peanut butter!
- 1/4 Cup Butter Softened
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 4 Overripe Bananas
- 1.5 Cups Flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup Wheat Bran I use Bob’s Red Mill
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Nuts I use Walnuts
- Cream together: Butter, Sugar, Egg and Vanilla in your mixer bowl.
- Break up and slowly add while mixing, 4 overripe bananas.
- Mix Dry ingredients together and mix.
- Chop nuts and add.
- Grease loaf pan and add banana bread dough.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 45-60 minutes or until done.
- After cooling bread wrap tightly in foil or saran wrap and let sit overnight if possible. This helps incorporate the flavors and helps the bread be wonderfully moist.
- Serve with Butter, Cream Cheese, or Peanut Butter!