These homemade Cream Puffs are DIVINE! They may take some time to make but they are worth the effort and a crowd pleaser for sure. We have 5 children and we sent them to a private Christian school. Every year they would have a huge dessert auction and I always made these cream puffs! They were a big hit every single year and always brought in hundreds of dollars to the dessert auction. Let’s begin!
- 1 Cup ‘Water
- 4 Tablespoons Butter
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 4 Large Eggs
- Place the water, cut up butter and salt in a heavy saucepan.
- Bring to a boil
- Remove from heat and add flour all at once. Mix rapidly with a wooden spoon.
- Place mixture agin on top of a low flame, stir for 5 minutes. the dough should be soft and not stick to your fingers.
- Transfer to a clean bowl and let cool for at least 5 minutes.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating carefully after each addition so that the mixture is smooth before the next egg is added. The dough should be smooth and shiny.
- I use my cookie scoop and scoop out 12 balls onto a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- I like to make 2 separate batches to have 24 total.
- Bake in 370 degree oven for 30 minutes or until well puffed and golden.
- Shut off the heat, open the oven door halfway (to get rid of any steam) and let the puffs cool slowly and dry for 1 hour. They are ready to be filled when they are dry and completely cooled. I usually prepare them the evening before if I can.
- Cut the cream puff in half with a serrated knife. Use your fingers to remove any extra doughy like filling on the inside. Now you can fill!
Cream Puff Filling & Icing
- 2 Small Boxes Cook & Serve Jello Brand Pie Filling
- 4 Cups Milk 2% or Whole Milk
- 3 Cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 Cups Sifted Powdered Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 Tablespoon Melted Butter
- Drizzle 1/2 and 1/2
- 2 Tablespoons Cocoa
- Ahead of time prepare 2 small boxes of Jello brand Cook & Serve Vanilla pudding, following the package directions. It calls for 4 Cups of milk. Refrigerate until cold.
- Place mixer bowl in the freezer to chill
- Add 3 Cups cold heavy whipping cream to your chilled bowl and whip until stiff.
- Add cold pudding and stir until combined.
- Filling is ready and cream puffs can be filled!
- I scoop 1/4 cup into each cream puff.
- Chocolate Drizzle
- Sift 2 Cups of powdered sugar and 2 Tablespoons cocoa into a bowl.
- Melt 1 Tablespoon butter and add.
- Add 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- Very slowly mix in 1/2 and 1/2 until the desired consistency for drizzling.
- Drizzle the cream puffs and let it dry. Now they are ready to serve!
- Chill until ready to eat. ENJOY!