These homemade Cream Puffs are DIVINE! They may take some time to make but they are worth the effort and a crowd pleaser for sure. We have 5 children and we sent them to a private Christian school. Every year they would have a huge dessert auction and I always made these cream puffs! They were a big hit every single year and always brought in hundreds of dollars to the dessert auction. Let’s begin!
These DIVINE Cream Puffs are perfect and sure to please! The recipe for the cream puff shells makes 12 but I always make 2 separate batches! One dozen is not enough!
- 1 Cup ‘Water
- 4 Tablespoons Butter
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 4 Large Eggs
- Place the water, cut up butter and salt in a heavy saucepan.
- Bring to a boil
- Remove from heat and add flour all at once. Mix rapidly with a wooden spoon.
- Place mixture agin on top of a low flame, stir for 5 minutes. the dough should be soft and not stick to your fingers.
- Transfer to a clean bowl and let cool for at least 5 minutes.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating carefully after each addition so that the mixture is smooth before the next egg is added. The dough should be smooth and shiny.
- I use my cookie scoop and scoop out 12 balls onto a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- I like to make 2 separate batches to have 24 total.
- Bake in 370 degree oven for 30 minutes or until well puffed and golden.
- Shut off the heat, open the oven door halfway (to get rid of any steam) and let the puffs cool slowly and dry for 1 hour. They are ready to be filled when they are dry and completely cooled. I usually prepare them the evening before if I can.
- Cut the cream puff in half with a serrated knife. Use your fingers to remove any extra doughy like filling on the inside. Now you can fill!
Cream Puff Filling & Icing
This is an easy filling to make to fill the Cream Puffs!
- 2 Small Boxes Cook & Serve Jello Brand Pie Filling
- 4 Cups Milk 2% or Whole Milk
- 3 Cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 Cups Sifted Powdered Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 Tablespoon Melted Butter
- Drizzle 1/2 and 1/2
- 2 Tablespoons Cocoa
- Ahead of time prepare 2 small boxes of Jello brand Cook & Serve Vanilla pudding, following the package directions. It calls for 4 Cups of milk. Refrigerate until cold.
- Place mixer bowl in the freezer to chill
- Add 3 Cups cold heavy whipping cream to your chilled bowl and whip until stiff.
- Add cold pudding and stir until combined.
- Filling is ready and cream puffs can be filled!
- I scoop 1/4 cup into each cream puff.
- Chocolate Drizzle
- Sift 2 Cups of powdered sugar and 2 Tablespoons cocoa into a bowl.
- Melt 1 Tablespoon butter and add.
- Add 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- Very slowly mix in 1/2 and 1/2 until the desired consistency for drizzling.
- Drizzle the cream puffs and let it dry. Now they are ready to serve!
- Chill until ready to eat. ENJOY!