This recipe for Chicken Divan is a delicious family favorite! What is really great is that kids love it also. My daughter called me last week wanting the recipe for her family, so it held a lasting tasty memory for her also. WIN WIN! We raised 5 children so I became a pro at stretching food. This recipe calls for 2 cooked chicken breasts and since you slice them thin it can serve 4-5 people.
- 2 Tablespoon Butter Melt in Saucepan
- 2 Tablespoon Minced Onion Saute in Butter
- 2 Tablespoon Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 Cups Milk I used 2%
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Chicken Breasts (Fully Cooked) Slice Thinly
- 1 Broccoli Crown (Slice into thin spears) Cooked Crisp Tender
- 5 Slices of Toast (I used Dave’s Killer Bread) Toast and Buttered
- 1-2 Cups Grated Cheddar Cheese Enough to Cover Dish
- Salt & Pepper To Taste
- Melt butter in a saucepan.
- Add the minced onion and cook until tender.
- Add four and salt, mix together, cooking with a whisk.
- Add the milk stirring until thickened.
- Mix in the parmesan cheese and taste! Add more if you prefer.
- Toast 5 slices of bread and then butter. Lay out on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Thinly slice chicken breasts and cover toast.
- Next top toasts with broccoli,
- Pour Cream sauce over all and top with grated cheddar cheese.
- Bake in 350 oven for approximately 20 minutes or until browned and hot.
Here is my YouTube video preparing this meal. Follow along and make it too!