I Love this easy dinner recipe because it is a perfect way to add vegetables to your meal in a delicious way! Plus Rotini & Fresh Vegetables is an easy healthy dinner if you are trying to lose weight. This meal is fast and easily served with any protein you choose, chicken, fish etc. I used the veggies I had on hand so you can easily swap in your favorites also.
Rotini & Fresh Vegetables
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 3/4 Cup Sliced Colored Peppers
- 3/4 Cup Sliced Zucchini
- 3/4 Cup Sliced Mushrooms
- 3/4 Cup Halved Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 Cup Packed Spinach
- 1 Cup Asparagus
- 2 Cups Rotini
- Parmesan Cheese
- Heat pan, then add Olive Oil, Garlic and Onion. Cook until tender
- Bring water to boil and add rotini according to package instructions. Cook the amount for number of people in your family. Drain
- Add all vegetables to the frying pan with the onion and garlic and sauce until crisp tender.
- Plate rotini and top with vegetables
- Sprinkle with cheese and fresh basil (optional)
- Serve with your favorite protein
Let’s get started:
I assembled Colored Peppers, Mushrooms, tomatoes, onion, zucchini, spinach and asparagus!
In your pan fry garlic and onion in olive oil until fragrant
Next add your veggies and fry until crisp tender
Cook your Rotini until done and place on your plate
Add some awesome parmesan or cheese you love, it would also be lovely with basil!
Check out my video on my YouTube Channel Dawn of Cooking!