Ginger Cookies, Ginger Snaps, Gingerbread Men. The perfect cookie for dunking in milk, hot chocolate or coffee during the holidays! The classic mix of cinnamon, cloves and ginger all bundled into a sweet cookie dough. I think most of us have all had the fun of deciding which part of the little gingerbread man to eat first! Oh and have I mentioned gingerbread houses??!! In this blog post I will be sharing a delicious family recipe that you will love to bake and enjoy with your family.Jump to Recipe
- 1 Mixer
- Parchment Paper
- Cookie Sheets
- 3/4 Cup Crisco All Vegetable Shortening I have tried making with butter but they turn out flat and soft.
- 1 Cup White or Brown Sugar I use Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Molasses
- 1 Egg
- 2 Cups Flour
- 2 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon Heaping tsp.
- 1 tsp. Ground Cloves Heaping tsp.
- 1 tsp. Ground Ginger Heaping tsp.
- With a mixer cream together shortening and sugar.
- Add egg and molasses and beat well.
- Add dry ingredients, beating together until well mixed.
- If you are making gingersnap style roll into balls and then roll in white sugar.
- Place on parchment lined baking sheet and press down
- If you are making cut out cookies divide dough in half and flatten into two rounds and chill.
- Roll out dough on a floured board and cut into desired shapes. The thinner they are the crisper they will be. I like making them thicker!
- Place on Parchment lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with a little sugar.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes