Our lives are so busy and we all need an arsenal of quick 30 minute dinners. This dish only uses 1 pound of ground beef. Picadillo is an extremely flavorful and delicious Latin American dish that is sure to please. Gather together just a few simple ingredients to start making this dish for your family today.
Our Son-In-Law grew up eating this Spanish dish often and his family would serve it when they wanted put together dinner fast to feed a crowd!
On my Channel Dawn of Cooking https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo046JAmvvFiBzbQRvT68rA I quickly show you how to prepare this tasty dinner.
In my Picadillo recipe there are very few ingredients which makes it very simple and fast to prepare. In this recipe I will be using only 1 pound of lean ground beef, tomato paste, broth, an onion, and very special seasonings. One of the truly special seasonings is the Spanish Garlic Paste! This is definitely one to make and keep in your refrigerator to use in soups, stews, and dishes you need garlic in. Keep scrolling down for this special recipe card!
- Saute Pan and Simmering Pot
- 1 Pound Lean Ground Beef
- 1 Whole Onion Chopped
- 1 Large Tablespoon Spanish Garlic See Recipe on Card Below
- 2+ Cups Chicken or Beef Broth (add extra if needed)
- 1 teaspoon Badia Complete Seasoning Heaping (add more if needed)
- 1 teaspoon Sazon Tropical (add more if needed)
- 1 teaspoon Triguisar (add more if needed)
- 1 teaspoon Cumin (add more if needed
- 1 6 oz. Can Tomato Paste
- 1-2 Cups Frozen Mixed Vegetables
- Brown Ground Beef in a skillet. When cooked remove from pan and drain
- In a skillet saute the chopped onion
- Add heaping Tablespoon of your prepared Spanish Garlic. See next recipe on how to make!
- Add Triguisar: (Link below in Notes)
- Add Badia Complete Seasoning and Sazon Tropical (Links below in Notes.)
- Add Cumin
- Spoon in 6 oz. can Tomato Paste
- Add Ground Beef and Broth
- Stir together and let simmer 10 minutes
- Add 1-2 Cups Frozen Mixed Vegetables
- Let simmer to cook the vegetables and adjust the seasonings if needed
- While making Picadillo prepare cooked Rice
- Serve Picadillo over a bed of rice. It is so delicious topped with avocado. How about some hot sauce or sour cream?
- Link to Badia Complete Seasoning: https://amzn.to/3G66LJX
Spanish Garlic Paste
- Food Processor
- Frying Pan
- 2 Cups Whole Peeled Garlic Cloves Look for bags of peeled garlic at your store
- 1 teaspoon Badia Complete Seasoning (link below in notes)
- 3/4 teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 teaspoon Oregano
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- 3 Bay Leaves
- Place garlic in food processor and pulse until a paste
- Add Badia Complete seasoning, salt, oregano and olive oil and pulse a few more times until mixed.
- Heat a skillet and drizzle with olive oil
- Break bay leaves in half and add to skillet
- Add garlic and while stirring cook just until heated through
- Place in glass jars and drizzle with olive oil
- Screw on jar lids and store in refrigerator. This garlic is very flavorful and strong so just small spoons are great for most recipes!