My Mom was an excellent cook and baker, so as a young girl I learned to love working in the kitchen by her side. My parents especially loved all desserts, so of course pies were on the list of goodies to make! I learned at a young age to make pie crust so here is our delicious pie crust recipe. So go ahead and make this but fill it with LOVE!!
Mom’s Best Pie Crust
- Rolling Pin
- Food Processor
- Pie Plate
- 1.5 Sticks Unsalted Butter
- 2 1/2 Cups Flour
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar
- 8 Tablespoons Vegetable Shortening 8 T. equals 1/2 Cup
- 6-8 Tablespoons Ice Water
- Into a bowl measure flour, salt and sugar.
- Drop shortening into the bowl with the flour into small pieces and place in freezer to chill
- On a large plate cut up butter into little squares and cover with saran wrap and place in freezer to chill
- First Step: Place contents of flour bowl into your food processor
- Pulse a few times to mix
- If you don't have a food processor just mix together with a fork.
- Next Step: Add Butter and pulse until the butter is the size of small peas.
- If you don't have a food processor just mix breaking up the butter with a fork.
- Third Step: Very slowly add the ice water in until the dough is just sticking together.
- Divide dough in half into a ball and wrap in Saran wrap.
- With your rolling pin flatten the ball and place in refrigerator to chill.
- When chilled roll each crust out. Place one in the pie plate and fill. Roll out the second one placing on top and fluting the edges.
- Bake for the specified time for your particular pie.