This budget friendly recipe is sure to please.
Prep Time30 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time50 mins
Servings: 4 4
- 2 Tablespoon Butter Melt in Saucepan
- 2 Tablespoon Minced Onion Saute in Butter
- 2 Tablespoon Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 Cups Milk I used 2%
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Chicken Breasts (Fully Cooked) Slice Thinly
- 1 Broccoli Crown (Slice into thin spears) Cooked Crisp Tender
- 5 Slices of Toast (I used Dave's Killer Bread) Toast and Buttered
- 1-2 Cups Grated Cheddar Cheese Enough to Cover Dish
- Salt & Pepper To Taste
Melt butter in a saucepan.
Add the minced onion and cook until tender.
Add four and salt, mix together, cooking with a whisk.
Add the milk stirring until thickened.
Mix in the parmesan cheese and taste! Add more if you prefer.
Toast 5 slices of bread and then butter. Lay out on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
Thinly slice chicken breasts and cover toast.
Next top toasts with broccoli,
Pour Cream sauce over all and top with grated cheddar cheese.
Bake in 350 oven for approximately 20 minutes or until browned and hot.